Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alain Beauregard <ab...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/04 20:06:00 UTC

AXIS2 - SimpleHTTPServer

Hello,

I've posted this question on the dev mailing list before (twice) but didn't
get a reply so I'm trying here instead.

I'm trying to embed Axis2 v1.5.4 in our application.
I've used the example provided at http://wso2.org/library/83 (How do I
Embed SimpleHTTPServer in My Application and Deploy a POJO?).

I wanted to customize a few things and tried to update the
contextRoot in the axis2.xml file to something other than axis2.
After the change, the services' location changed but the list of
services wouldn't show up. After some investigation, I saw that the
file org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPWorker had a hard coded test
@ line 83 that verified for the string "axis2/services/". I created
my own worker and worker factory and was able to get the list
to show up.

I'm not familiar with the code base. I don't want to report a bug if this
is just sample code so my question is:
   Is the SimpleHTTPServer code being maintained or is it
   mostly used for unit tests and to demonstrate concepts?

Also, is there a better way to embed Axis2? What are the limitations
of using SimpleHTTPServer? Will I be able to use WS-Security and
WS-Addressing?

Also, I noticed that there was a SimpleAxis2Server class as well.
What's the difference between SimpleHTTPServer and SimpleAxis2Server?
Should I be using that instead?

Thanks
- Alain

RE: AXIS2 - SimpleHTTPServer