Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org> on 2008/02/11 20:48:25 UTC

Unable to create a Cocoon app with Maven archetype: [WARNING] No archetype repository found.

Today I wanted to port Geoid to Cococon 2.2, but when I issued:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon.archetypes
-DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-block
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0-RC2 -DgroupId=org.cocoondev -DartifactId=geoid-core

Maven (2.0.7, BTW), answered:

[INFO] [archetype:create]
[WARNING] No archetype repository found.
[WARNING] Specified archetype not found.
Choose archetype:
1: internal -> appfuse-basic-jsf (AppFuse archetype for creating a web
application with Hibernate, Spring and JSF)

Any clue ?

P.S.
Yes, I re-tried even after deleting the local repository of Cocoon
archetypes: no joy.

Re: Unable to create a Cocoon app with Maven archetype: [WARNING] No archetype repository found.

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
If anyone on the cocoon dev team wants to
maintain this page: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Archetypes+List
I have added the 3 cocoon archetype on it.

Regards,

Raphaël

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi,

It is a side effect of the 2.0-alpha-1 release of the archetype plugin.

As a current workaround you can use:
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7:create ...

Please raise a JIRA (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE)
don't forget to specify 2.0-alpha-1 in "affect version"

Thanks,

Raphaël