Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 16:17:08 UTC

pushing data to SWF10 client using SharedObject instead of NetConnection

Hi Timur,

I think I have a workaround that would allow pushing items directly to the
SWF10 client so that we can get rid of the SWF8 app.

You can send data to the client using a Remote shared Object.
Here is an example:
http://robsilverton.wordpress.com/2008/12/04/basic-sharedobject-example-in-flex-red5-flash-media-server/

The LocalConnection currently adds a lot of problems as the client stops
sending + receiving of LocalConnection calls as soon as there is an
exception.
It happened a number of time that, because of bugs in various parts of the
application, the LocalConnection just stops working without any obvious
reason.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: pushing data to SWF10 client using SharedObject instead of NetConnection

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
even easier ... the usual NetConnection Call even works. It is just
requires some more work to register a method then it was before.
I committed and example for the "setId" in method that is pushed to all
clients as soon as they connect:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openmeetings/trunk/singlewebapp/WebContent/swf10/base/remote/rtmpConnection.lzx?view=markup

Line 60 => SetId is registered and called from the server via push.

No need for SharedObject. The question is now how long it might take to
port the rest of the application to SWF10 (and to remove the
LocalConnection and second NetConnection)

Sebastian