Posted to community@apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/18 14:52:28 UTC

List etiquette on job postings (Was: Job Posting: ...)

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 7:05 PM, David Matheson <dm...@splitrock.us> wrote:
> I would appreciate any inquiries from individuals who would be interested in
> exploring further this job opportunity.

I believe the general policy among many (most?) Apache projects is to
discourage such job postings unless explicitly allowed in a per-list
etiquette document. If you're unsure about the policy of a particular
list, it's best to ask before posting a job offer.

I'm not sure if the jobs@apache.org list still exists (couldn't find a
mention of it on www.apache.org). If it does, it's a place where all
Apache-related job postings are explicitly welcomed.

That said, if people are interested in this particular offer, please
contact David directly instead of through this list.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: List etiquette on job postings (Was: Job Posting: ...)

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org> wrote:
>  On 9/18/10 2:52 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure if the jobs@apache.org list still exists
>
> It does, even if it's not very active (a couple of mails every month). IMO
> it would deserve a bit more advertisement :)

IIRC part of the reason why it is not so much advertised is to avoid
it turning into a spam source and keep its "insider" character. It is
more or less a semiprivate place where committers, members or close
people can post about jobs they know about that might be indicated for
fellows

Regards
Santiago

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.