Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com> on 2013/03/25 17:57:04 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #484: Patch workflows tightly coupled to version control

On 23 March 2013 01:24, Apache Bloodhound <
bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:

> #484: Patch workflows tightly coupled to version control
> -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  olemis      |      Owner:  nobody
>       Type:              |     Status:  new
>   enhancement            |  Milestone:
>  Component:  trac core   |   Keywords:  patch ticket workflow
> Resolution:              |  versioncontrol svn mercurial mq gsoc
> -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
> Description changed by olemis:
>
> Old description:
>
> > Implement a patch management system for Bloodhound (Trac) considering the
> > following :
> >
> >   - Integrate patch development , handling and commit into ticket
> > workflow .
> >   - Automate actions like ticket updates on patch chaged
> >
> > Particularly focused on Apache™ Subversion and trac:wiki:TracMercurial ,
> > which already supports MQ extension
>
> New description:
>
>  Implement a patch management system for Bloodhound (Trac) considering the
>  following :
>
>    - Integrate patch development , handling and commit into ticket workflow
>  .
>    - Automate actions like ticket updates on patch change / upload
>
>  Particularly focused on Apache™ Subversion and trac:wiki:TracMercurial ,
>  which already supports MQ extension

> Ticket URL: <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/484#comment:3>
> Apache Bloodhound <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/>
> The Apache Bloodhound (incubating) issue tracker

I'm struggling to understand what the outcome of this is supposed to be
currently. My concern is that the review, updating and committing of
patches would end up happening within Bloodhound, which expands the scope
of what we're doing here greatly.

Olemis, can you explain it further please?

--
Joe Dreimann | *User Experience Designer* | WANdisco<http://www.wandisco.com/>

@jdreimann <https://twitter.com/jdreimann>