Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2007/01/30 18:26:18 UTC

Re: Not caching pages with continuations

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> If it's for CForms, we can add the setting of no-cache headers in
> Form.js since it's very unlikely that a form pipeline will be cacheable.

Not true :)

You can easily have cached cforms pages if using "stateless cforms" with
sendForm() and handleForm() js methods.

Most popular use cases for stateless forms include search forms, login forms,
contact forms which are part of high traffic (and for this reason, cached) pages.

Vadim

Re: Not caching pages with continuations

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>> If it's for CForms, we can add the setting of no-cache headers in
>> Form.js since it's very unlikely that a form pipeline will be cacheable.
>
> Not true :)
>
> You can easily have cached cforms pages if using "stateless cforms"
> with sendForm() and handleForm() js methods.
>
> Most popular use cases for stateless forms include search forms, login
> forms, contact forms which are part of high traffic (and for this
> reason, cached) pages.

Good point!

So no cache headers should be set in sendFormAndWait(), aka showForm()
where a continuation is created, hence preventing caching.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net