Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/29 03:50:54 UTC

Review wanted for PR 714 (CLOUDSTACK-8750)

Hi folks,
This email is meant to ping the community about the PR (714) that solves
the ticket CLOUDSTACK-8750 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8750).

The commit at first sight might look a bit too big to review, but at the
end it is a pretty easy. It will remove a few lines of code while removing
some issues on Sonar code analysis.
If I am not mistaken @DaanHoogland has already given a LGTM in a past mail
about this PR.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: [BLOCKER] Master broken due to PR 714 (CLOUDSTACK-8750)

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
At several of the companies where I've worked before, we would hold "bug
court" a couple times per week as the release marched on.

Representatives from different areas (product marketing, sales, support,
engineering, etc.) would attend and we'd go through all issues opened since
the previous bug court and prioritize them. Depending on how close we were
to GA for a release, less critical defects (unless trivial to fix) would be
postponed until a subsequent release.

This allowed us to control more closely what went into a release the closer
we got to GA, but it's probably not practical for CloudStack as it requires
a fair amount of discussion for each new issue.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
There is something like this on the page by Remi on the new release
procedure. It is one of the lesser things about it. I think we should only
look at stability. The discussion on what is minor or major is not
something we want to need to have.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 3:48 AM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> wrote:

> What do we think, though, about tickets listed as Minor going in at this
> point in 4.6 development?
>
> If they entail a trivial change in only a file or two, it's probably OK,
> but where should we draw the line?
>
> At some point as the release goes on, we should stop accepting PRs that are
> tied to Minor tickets and only allow churn in that branch for more major
> issues. Those PRs tied to Minor tickets can then be for the next release.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > As David says; Though I think it is very polite of you to wait and ask
> > around, you have this right if you can show master doesn't work.
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 6:06 PM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

> > followed
> > > by starting MS. Did travis pass for it? Should we revert?
> > > >

> > > Yes, and in general, when things break you should feel empowered to
> > > revert (still send a note to the list, but as a committer, you have a
> > > binding veto at your disposal - feel free to make use of it to keep
> > > quality high.)
> > >
> > > --David
> > >

> > --
> > Daan
> >

> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*
> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> o: 303.746.7302

Daan

Re: [BLOCKER] Master broken due to PR 714 (CLOUDSTACK-8750)

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: [BLOCKER] Master broken due to PR 714 (CLOUDSTACK-8750)

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks, sorry the trouble with that PR.
I am taking a look into that right now.

The bean “HAProxyLBRule” is created on cloud-server, then it is inject into
“VirtualRouterElement” .

I am wondering, plugins in general do not have access to beans created in
cloud-server spring-context?

I noticed that the project “cloud-plugin-network-internallb” does not have
the “module.properties” file that is used to build the
spring-application-context hierarchy; shouldn’t it have a module.properties
with that configuration?

Something like this:
name= cloud-plugin-network-internallb
parent=core

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
In fact, the JIRA ticket is listed as "Minor". At this point in 4.6, I
don't think we want to merge in code for tickets listed as "Minor".

Perhaps Remi can confirm or deny that.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 11:03 PM, Mike Tutkowski <

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.

Re: Review wanted for PR 714 (CLOUDSTACK-8750)

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.