Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2023/03/23 12:37:06 UTC

Co Located Backups Question

Hello everyone

We have a setup of three Artemis brokers (very old version don’t ask :))

We would like to configure the co located backups such that the backups are sent in this order:

Broker01 -> Broker02
Broker02 -> Broker03
Broker03 -> Broker01

I was reading on co located backups here:  https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/1.0.0/ha.html however not sure I fully understand how to configure the xml section to achieve that.

Shall I add excludes in each broker, i.e.

      <colocated>
         <excludes>
            <connector-ref>...</connector-ref>
         </excludes>

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance !

Re: Co Located Backups Question

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.
1. Why change ?

2. What would the co located back strategy look like with three ? Will it align to my expectation below ?
Broker01 -> Broker02
Broker02 -> Broker03
Broker03 -> Broker01

3. How can I prove the co located backup strategy with three brokers ?

Posted by "prateekjainaa@gmail.com" <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Prateek

Posted by "prateekjainaa@gmail.com" <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roy,

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you sir :)

On 28 Mar 2023, at 16:55, Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org> wrote:

Invitation sent.

Justin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Invitation sent.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Gotcha.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Justin

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.
You have indeed ! :)

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.
To quote:

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Justin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.
I don’t believe we are.

So assume three Virtual Machines on Azure.

Each VM runs one Artemis broker

[cid:2B4DF021-281F-4CFB-B5B5-E94DA3967299]

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roy Cohen <ro...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Justin

Thank you for your input.

Sorry, should have been clearer on our setup - We are not running multiple brokers on the same JVM but a single instance per VM, so each one has a dedicated JVM and VM

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.