Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Ryan <fr...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/01 03:00:57 UTC

Re: Compiling Giraph 1.1

I believe I was. I was building directly from a new clone of the github
repository. It turns out I should be installing YARN instead of the
Hadoop_2 profile. When I run ' mvn -DskipTests
-Dhadoop.version=2.3.0-cdh5.1.2 -Phadoop_yarn clean install' I get the
error:

*Failed to execute goal on project giraph-dist: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org.apache.giraph:giraph-dist:pom:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find org.apache.giraph:giraph-rexster-io:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 <http://repo1.maven.org/maven2> was cached in
the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]*

Would a fix have to do with the giraph-rexster-io:jar:*1.2.0-SNAPSHOT*?

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Claudio Martella <claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: Compiling Giraph 1.1

Posted by José Luis Larroque <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tamer, i'm starting to use Giraph in Amazon EMR and i could see that you
already try build giraph with maven there. Did you analyse uploading your
giraph jar locally build with maven? I saw some questions in stack overflow
that are recommending that option instead of yours.

Thanks in advance!
Jose

RE: Compiling Giraph 1.1

[...]

Failed to execute goal on project giraph-dist: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.giraph:giraph-dist:pom:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.apache.giraph:giraph-rexster-io:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

Re: Compiling Giraph 1.1

Posted by José Luis Larroque <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi again guys:

Re: Compiling Giraph 1.1