Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Mike Keen <mk...@visiture.com> on 2010/02/25 23:27:30 UTC

Recommended Ruby Gem for CouchDB Development

Hey All,

Just wondering what Ruby gem(s) you would recommend for use with CouchDB. Something in active development would be great. I tried CouchFoo, but that project seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Thanks,
Mike Keen

Re: Recommended Ruby Gem for CouchDB Development

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 25, 2010, at 2:36 PM, David Goodlad wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Mike Keen <mk...@visiture.com> wrote:
>> Hey All,
>>
>> Just wondering what Ruby gem(s) you would recommend for use with CouchDB. Something in active development would be great. I tried CouchFoo, but that project seems to have fallen by the wayside.
>
> You might want to have a look at Throne,
> http://github.com/benschwarz/throne . There are definitely some bits
> missing, but Ben Schwarz has been giving it a lot of love lately.

I haven't been developing it actively lately, but CouchRest attempts to cover the basics in a no-nonsense way.

http://github.com/couchrest/couchrest

I haven't looked at Throne, maybe it's better than CouchRest.

Chris

Re: Recommended Ruby Gem for CouchDB Development

Posted by David Goodlad <da...@goodlad.ca>.
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Mike Keen <mk...@visiture.com> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Just wondering what Ruby gem(s) you would recommend for use with CouchDB. Something in active development would be great. I tried CouchFoo, but that project seems to have fallen by the wayside.

You might want to have a look at Throne,
http://github.com/benschwarz/throne . There are definitely some bits
missing, but Ben Schwarz has been giving it a lot of love lately.

Dave