Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2011/01/04 14:10:10 UTC

Add *.jar to local Repository always "exploded"/ectracted? Automatic uncompress by Maven?

Sorry for this newbie question:

A project depends on some classes from a *.jar archive which are NOT available through the common, well known Internet Maven Repsoitories.

I want to add these *.jar files to my local Repository manually.

Can I just copy the *.jars into the local repository folder?

As far as I can see there are currently NO *.jar files. All such dependent *.jars are in "exploded"/ectracted format.

Does Maven auto-recognize new *.jar files and automatically extract them into their subfolders in repository folder?

Or do I have to extract *.jar files manually and copy the directory tree manually?

Do I have to tell Maven (in eclipse) that there are new artifacts in local repository?

Ben

Re: Add *.jar to local Repository always "exploded"/ectracted? Automatic uncompress by Maven?

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Get Nexus or another Maven repo server installed so you have control and
transparency over libraries.
You can manually add 3rd party jars easily.

Ron

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.