Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Johan Maasing <jm...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/18 23:15:59 UTC

T5: 5.0.5 page parent class constructor

I was wondering if the public no-args constructor requirement on page
classes also extends to their parent classes.

This is my Start.html
---
            [<t:pagelink t:page="Index">Index</t:pagelink>]
---
My Index.html contains only static text.

My Start.java is an empty POJO.

My Index.java looks like this (removed package):
---
public class Index extends BasePage {

	public Index() {
		super("Test");
	}
}
---

The BasePage.java (in another package from my pages) looks like this:
---
public abstract class BasePage {
	private String title ;

	public BasePage(String title) {
		super();
		this.title = title;
	}
}
---

I get the following error from tapestry when rendering Start.html, it
points at the pagelink line and says:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: xxx.BasePage: method <init>()V not found

If I add a public no-args constructor to the BasePage (no changes to
Index.java) it does not complain . Is this expected?

Re: Trails or Congnition ;-)

Posted by Christian Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
Heh.  I wasn't really asking - more just trying to be funny.  I've
already asked the codehaus people.

Christian.

Re: Trails or Congnition ;-)

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trails or Congnition ;-)

Posted by Christian Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trails or Congnition ;-)

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trails or Congnition ;-)

Posted by Alejandro Scandroli <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I'm having no problems with Trails. ;-)
>From your log, it looks like a maven/network problem. Try again, and
again, and if you keep having this problem try deleting your local
copy of the apt plugin.
If you decide to go with Trails you are welcome to join us in our
users mailing list:
http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email/users@trails.codehaus.org

Saludos.
Alejandro.

On 10/10/07, munich@fantasymail.de <mu...@fantasymail.de> wrote:
> I wanted to use either Trails or Cognition for the next project.
>
> However, Cognition seems to have ceased to exist and Trails
> "does not work".
>
> Maven does not find everything (Quick Start):
>

> Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.myfaces.tobago:maven-apt-plugin' from
> the repository: Error transferring file
>   org.apache.myfaces.tobago:maven-apt-plugin:pom:1.0.11
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   tapestry-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-snapshot-reposit
> ory/),
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>   webobjects.mdimension.com/plugin/snapshots (http://webobjects.mdimension.com/m
> aven2/snapshots),
>   webobjects.mdimension.com/plugin/releases (http://webobjects.mdimension.com/ma
> ven2/releases)

Trails or Congnition ;-)

Posted by mu...@fantasymail.de.

Re: T5: 5.0.5 page parent class constructor

Posted by Johan Maasing <jm...@gmail.com>.
Same thing happens when using
tapestry-core-5.0.6-20071007.110018-15.jar
tapestry-ioc-5.0.6-20071007.110018-16.jar

Still nobody that knows if this is expected? I do not want to write a
bug report if it is design decision to not support parent classes for
page classes.

Posted by Johan Maasing <jm...@gmail.com>.
I have my page in the package

Posted by Johan Maasing <jm...@gmail.com>.