Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ca...@f-integra.org on 2005/12/26 16:10:25 UTC

Configure Farming Tomcat

Hello,

I am trying to configue something like this:

One Hardware balancer

Two Apache-1.3.33
Two Tomcat-5.5.7

with four machines.

The load balancer works fine but I have many problems with Cluster
(farming) configuration. I donĀ“t know how I have to configure this in order
to put a class (or .jsp)  in one Tomcat and this class distributes accross
multicast net to the ohter tomcat.

The cluster directive has this configuration:

        <Cluster className
="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
                 managerClassName
="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
                 expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                 useDirtyFlag="false"
                 notifyListenersOnReplication="true"
                 name="cluster">

            <Membership
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
                mcastPort="45564"
                mcastFrequency="500"
                mcastDropTime="3000"/>

            <Receiver
                className
="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
                tcpListenAddress="auto"
                tcpListenPort="4000"
                tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                tcpThreadCount="6"/>

            <Sender
                className
="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
                replicationMode="synchronous"
                ackTimeout="15000"/>

            <Valve className
="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
                filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.png;.*\.htm;.*\.html;.

            <Deployer className
="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
                      tempDir="/tmp/war-temp/"
                      deployDir="/tmp/war-deploy/"
                      watchDir="/tmp/war-listen/"
                      watchEnabled="true"/>