Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com> on 2003/02/23 17:31:22 UTC

Change of how reports plug into maven

There has been a slight change in how reports plug into maven.

This change will necessitate a slight change in any report plugins you
may have.  (I have updated all the internal maven reports).

1.  New param for doc:registerReport - pluginName
<goal name="maven-jdepend-plugin:register">
    <doc:registerReport
      name="Metrics"
      pluginName="maven-jdepend-plugin" <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< report
framework calls ${pluginName}:report
      link="jdepend-report"
      description="Report on source code metrics."/>
  </goal>

2.  New standard goal for removing reports, optional goal only
  <goal name="maven-jdepend-plugin:deregister">
    <doc:deregisterReport name="Metrics"/>
  </goal>

3.  All old style generation of Project Info navs / maven-reports.xml
has been removed.

4.  All report components use the computed list of reports.
eg.
If project.xml specifies nothing, the defaults from xdoc:registerReports
kick in and are used
If project.xml specifies two reports, those two will be shown on navs
and maven-reports.xml
If project.xml specifies two reports, then some other goal registers 2
more, then all 4 will be shown in nav / maven-reports.xml (all extra
registration should be
done in postGoal to xdoc:registerReports, however this is not mandatory)
If project.xml specifies nothing, then a postGoal removes two, then the
navs will shown the defaults less the two that were removed.

It is not an error to register the same report twice / remove a report twice

If I've done you some horrible injustice by doing this, let me know. The
only thing I can think of is that you will now be getting additional
reports (we have more default reports now) than the old method.

Cheers,

Ben