Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Colin Harris <co...@etechgroup.com.au> on 2004/11/04 03:30:39 UTC

Re: How do I execute a sudo ssh command?

Is that really the only way.  I find it hard to believe that there is no
other way to achieve this.
Unfortunetely it is not possible for me to configure sudo to allow me to run
commands without entering the password.

col.

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A....@mdl.com>.
There are also other ways:

    * set setuid bit on executable you want to execute under different
      credentials;
    * execute ssh user@host and copy authorized keys from your account
      into that user account - in that case ssh will not ask for a password.

- Alexey.