Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Geronimo Builder <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/23 19:59:18 UTC

anoncvs's password

I tried to login to the Apache Geronimo CVS module using anoncvs with anoncvs as a password, but the connection was refused.  Has the password changed?

$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
$ cvs login
cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org(209.237.227.194):2401 failed: Con
nection refused

Re: anoncvs's password

Posted by Geronimo Builder <ge...@yahoo.com>.
CVSGrab worked.  Here's the command I used after downloding CVSGrab from http://cvsgrab.sourceforge.net/.  It's a Java application.  So you need a JVM.  I used JDK1.3.1_08 and it worked fine.  Of course the catch is that you can't check in.

c:\cvsgrab_v1.2>cvsgrab -rootUrl http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs -destDir c:\geronimo -package incubator-geronimo

Thank you, Siva.

Siva <si...@sivasundaram.com> wrote:
Some guys have told abt CVSGrab from http://cvsgrab.sourceforge.net/
although i havent used it.Give a try.

As someone earlier requested,how about having a tar of the current sources
updated daily in a website?It wud really help all those who need to work
behind a firewall.

Siva
Yes, I am. I guess I will have to try at home instead, unless there's other
way to get around the firewall.

Thank you.

Re: anoncvs's password

Re: anoncvs's password

Posted by Geronimo Builder <ge...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, I am.  I guess I will have to try at home instead, unless there's other way to get around the firewall.

Thank you.

Siva <si...@sivasundaram.com> wrote:
I dont think anyone wud change the password of anoncvs user.I tried now and I was able to update the codebase.
Are you behind some firewall?

Siva

Re: anoncvs's password

Posted by Siva <si...@sivasundaram.com>.