Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2008/07/21 17:03:35 UTC

Re: change from compiled SA mode back to regular SA mode

Robert - elists writes:

> I didn't see anything on the www, so after a lil investigation, it appears
> that on a centos 4.6 box with SA 3.2.5, that the default compiled SA ruleset
> is in
>
> /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled
>
> And below...
>
> Question(s)
>
> So, to go back to standard SA processing config, basically I just need to
> admin down the mail server processes, the SA process, remove the directory
> structure above, lint, and then fire all the processes back up and double
> check?
>
> Is it that easy?
>
> Basically I think it is time to do some testing and such and want to be able
> to go back and forth between the two different processing modes.

yes.

RE: change from compiled SA mode back to regular SA mode

Posted by Robert - elists <li...@abbacomm.net>.

> Robert - elists wrote:
> >
> > I didn't see anything on the www, so after a lil investigation, it
> appears
> > that on a centos 4.6 box with SA 3.2.5, that the default compiled SA
> ruleset
> > is in
> >
> > /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled
> >
> > And below...
> >
> > Question(s)
> >
> > So, to go back to standard SA processing config, basically I just need
> > admin down the mail server processes, the SA process, remove the
> directory
> > structure above, lint, and then fire all the processes back up and
> double
> > check?
> >
> > Is it that easy?
> >
> > Basically I think it is time to do some testing and such and want to be
> able
> > to go back and forth between the two different processing modes.

JM replied:

> yes.

Then Robert thought, maybe I would have to go into the v320.pre file and
comment out this line

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Rule2XSBody

Q:    Should that be commented out or can we just leave it?

 - rh