Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Umang Shah <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/25 13:21:49 UTC

Difference in retrieving data from cassandra

Hi All,

I am using cassandra with Pentaho PDI kettle, i have installed cassandra in
Amazon EC2 instance and in local-machine, so when i am trying to retrieve
data from local machine using Pentaho PDI it is taking few seconds (not
more then 20 seconds) and if i do the same using production data-base it
takes almost 3 minutes for the same number of data , which is huge
difference.

So if anybody can give me some comments of solution that what i need to
check for this or how can i narrow down this difference?

on local machine and production server RAM is same.
Local machine is windows environment and production is Linux.

Umang V.Shah
BI-ETL Developer

Re: Difference in retrieving data from cassandra

Posted by Umang Shah <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.
i created schema structure in this manner

CREATE SCHEMA schemaname WITH replication = { 'class' : 'SimpleStrategy',
'replication_factor' : 1 };
and table according to requirement.

I didn't used node structure.

So will it be the reason for performance?

And can you also tell me what is the difference between the structure i
used and in Node Structure.

Regards,
Umang Shah
BI-ETL Developer

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com> wrote:

> You'll need to provide a bit of information.  To start, a query trace
> from would be helpful.
>

> http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cql/3.0/cql/cql_reference/tracing_r.html
>
> (self promo) You may want to read over my blog post regarding
> diagnosing problems in production.  I've covered diagnosing slow
> queries:
> http://rustyrazorblade.com/2014/09/cassandra-summit-recap-diagnosing-problems-in-production/
>

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 4:21 AM, Umang Shah <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am using cassandra with Pentaho PDI kettle, i have installed cassandra
> in
> > Amazon EC2 instance and in local-machine, so when i am trying to retrieve
> > data from local machine using Pentaho PDI it is taking few seconds (not
> more
> > then 20 seconds) and if i do the same using production data-base it takes
> > almost 3 minutes for the same number of data , which is huge difference.
> >
> > So if anybody can give me some comments of solution that what i need to
> > check for this or how can i narrow down this difference?
> >
> > on local machine and production server RAM is same.
> > Local machine is windows environment and production is Linux.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Umang V.Shah
> > BI-ETL Developer
>

> --
> Jon Haddad
> http://www.rustyrazorblade.com
> twitter: rustyrazorblade

Umang V.Shah
+919886829019

Re: Difference in retrieving data from cassandra

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.