Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Saarthak Chandra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/30 17:59:20 UTC

Recommendation not taking new data

Hi,

I am working with the Universal recommender.
I ran the integration test and it runs fine.
Then I wanted to add my own data, so I ran a script to post my data to the
recommender, after doing a "pio app data-delete handmade".

However, even after pio build,train and deploy, I get recommendations on
the older data.

Any thing I missed out ??

--
Saarthak Chandra ,
Masters in Computer Science,

Re: Recommendation not taking new data

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
Could be several things. Did you delete data and re-run the integration test? If you did this it will wipe your data and re-create handmade data. It’s supposed to be an example and test. It’s an example that must be modified to be useful for your data.

To be safe create a new app with new data, appName, and eventNames, then create your own engine.json from engine.json.template to reflect how you name events, and go from there, The import script is also an example, not meant to work on any type of data so you may need to modify it to fit yours or use an SDK to send data to your app via its access key.

BTW: There are lots of answers in the archives of the Google Group for the UR, in the CC above