Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by King Huang <kc...@ucalgary.ca> on 2010/08/03 18:56:05 UTC

Getting Info About Just Deleted Document

Hi,

Is there some way to get a document that was just deleted?

I'm using the _changes feed with include_docs=True to watch for document changes and perform tasks based on the documents. This works well until a document is deleted. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the document that was just deleted. Using revs=true to find the previous revision returns a 404 with reason:deleted. Is finding a just deleted document possible?

Thanks,

King Chung Huang
Technology Solutions Analyst
Information Technologies
University of Calgary

Re: Getting Info About Just Deleted Document

Posted by afters <af...@gmail.com>.
I'm curious also, as this could be useful for me in the future. I tried to
PUT the original doc with an added '_delete: true' in hope to preserve the
rest of the fields, but they didn't appear in _changes.

There was some talk in IRC a week or two ago about adding the previous
version of a doc to the _changes feed, but it didn't appear too serious. Is
something like this in anyone's pipeline?

 a.