Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Yufan Gong <yu...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/18 21:22:19 UTC

Your experience of upgrading Thrift version?

Hi all,

My team is planning to work on upgrading the Apache Thrift version from
0.10.0 to 0.13.0 (for Java and python) in a source codebase. Our
understanding is, this upgrade is only for the library and won't affect how
data being wired, serialized, and deserialized.

We appreciate any feedback from teams that did a similar upgrade before,
besides the API changes, do you experience any data distortion or system
incompatibility issues?

Thanks,
Yufan