Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Roopa Trivedi (rotrived)" <ro...@cisco.com> on 2009/10/07 20:26:49 UTC

Permission support in Shindig

Hi,
I'm new to Shindig and am trying to figure out if Shindig supports the
opensocial.hasPermission api.
Acc. to the docs, Shindig supports Open Social API 0.8.1 and 0.9. The
hasPermission api is included in both these versions.

I tried running the attached sample within Shindig and I get a msg
indicating "Requesting permission is not implemented on this
container.". Is this expected or am I using it incorrectly?

If I need to direct this request to a separate mailer, pls let me know.
Thanks,
Roopa

Re: Permission support in Shindig

Posted by Ram Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roopa,

I think it is not very clear form the specs, that is how this feature is
going work. that's why it is not implemented in Shindig. It may be
deprecated in future
see this :
http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec/browse_thread/thread/be6247ab1479b510/f306ab45b2cbfa00?lnk=gst&q=hasPermission#f306ab45b2cbfa00

Anybody please correct me  if I am wrong.

--
Ram Sharma
Impetus Infotech (India) Pvt Ltd