Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp> on 2009/11/28 06:04:35 UTC

ExternalFileField is broken in Solr 1.4?

It seems that ExternalFileField doesn't work in 1.4.
In 1.4, I need to restart Solr to reflect external_[fieldname] file.
Only <commit/> was needed in 1.3...

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/

Re: ExternalFileField is broken in Solr 1.4?

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Yonik Seeley wrote:
> Go ahead and open a bug.  One idea is to use a different key for the
> weak map (something that changes every commit).
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Yonik,

Thank you. I opend SOLR-1607.
Do you have any ideas for the candidate of the key?

Koji

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hmm, if I set reopenReaders to false, as SolrIndexReader objects between
> before and after commit are different, ExternalFileField works as expected.
> If I set reopenReaders to true, it doesn't work. ... I don't like this
> dependency.

Ah... the cache is on the IndexReader instance... and if that doesn't
change, then ExternalFileField  doesn't know a commit was done.

> What I don't understand is that if I set reopenReaders to true in
> solrconfig-functionquery.xml,  TestFunctionQuery.testExternalField()
> is done successfully.

I believe it makes a change to the index though.

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
Are you sure?