Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/09 18:27:37 UTC

Re: Hive UDF's vs. "native" Pig UDF's

Daniel,
   Not sure you saw this. We will have to document the performance
implications of hive udfs. Does the wrapping/unwrapping cause significant
overhead to impact performance or is it negligible?

Regards,
Rohini

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
There are some moderate overhead for Hive UDF. My test shows around
10%-20% slow down than Pig native UDF. I will create a document Jira.

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.