Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rafis Ismagilov <ir...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/04/14 04:57:03 UTC

How to declare field type for IntPoint field in solr 6.0 schema?

Should it be PointType, BinaryField, or something else. All examples use TrieIntField for int.
Thanks,Rafis

Re: How to declare field type for IntPoint field in solr 6.0 schema?

Posted by rafis <ir...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you, Shawn!

It can wait. There are other features in 6.0 I was waiting for. It is always
nice to have such improvements!

Re: How to declare field type for IntPoint field in solr 6.0 schema?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 4/13/2016 8:57 PM, Rafis Ismagilov wrote:
> Should it be PointType, BinaryField, or something else. All examples use TrieIntField for int.

Solr doesn't have support for the new Point types in Lucene yet.  They
are a recent introduction, and Solr was caught a little off guard by how
fast they were pushed into becoming the primary numeric type for Lucene 6.

This is the issue that will most likely add them to a later 6.x release:

For reasons that might not be apparent, getting support for these new types into an early 6.x release is a high priority for us.

Thanks,
Shawn