Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sherif D Mohamad <sh...@menanet.net> on 2002/12/22 13:42:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Disable loging

I have apache 1.3 on windows 2000
The command apache -k rotate does not work it gives invalid signal "rotate"
and I can't find apachectl file so I am not able to make rotate.

How can I tell apache do not log anything (do not output data in access.log
and error.log)

Also how I tell it, log for a specific virtual host and do not log for
anything else

And is it possible to log on a shared drive (Apache runs as a service and do
not access the desktop with a user name so I had problems before accessing
windows shared drives because it needs a username and pass to access it)

Re: [users@httpd] Disable loging

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Sherif D Mohamad wrote:

> I have apache 1.3 on windows 2000
> The command apache -k rotate does not work it gives invalid signal "rotate"
> and I can't find apachectl file so I am not able to make rotate.

That is not a valid argument to apache -k, which is what the message
means. What were you hoping that it would do?

> How can I tell apache do not log anything (do not output data in access.log
> and error.log)

Omit the "CustomLog" directives in your configuration file, and the
Set the ErrorLog directive to:

ErrorLog nul

> Also how I tell it, log for a specific virtual host and do not log for
> anything else

Put log directives within that virtual host section, and not elsewhere.

> And is it possible to log on a shared drive (Apache runs as a service and do
> not access the desktop with a user name so I had problems before accessing
> windows shared drives because it needs a username and pass to access it)

Sorry, I can't help much on the Windows-specific question.

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.

RE: [users@httpd] Disable loging

Posted by Koen Vingerhoets <ko...@ubench.com>.
Hi,

you can use SetEnvIf to exclude stuff from logging.
I also have a custom script that rotates logs and mails them.

Apache 1.3 on Win 2K server.... In short: we're both screwed anyway hehe

Met vriendelijke groet,

Koen Vingerhoets

***** UBench nv *****
http://www.ubench.com