Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jaiswal Neetu <Ne...@opentv.com> on 2011/10/20 18:31:43 UTC

Cassandra 0.8.7 Stress Tool

Hi,

I installed Cassandra 0.8.7 on a single machine having 16GB RAM.

Testing performance using stress tool. Noticed it creates 2 standard
column families and 2 super column families with the default settings.

I want to test for multiple column families. Is there any way to test it
using this tool?

I tried defining super column 4 and number for of columns 50. But from
Cassandra-cli, I noticed it created default column families (two) and
super column families (two).

I am new to Cassandra and evaluating it for future generation of our
product.

Looking for help.

Thanks & Regards

_______________________________________
Neetu Jaiswal | Sr. Database Administrator

485 Clyde Avenue, Mountain View, CA-94043

  Think Green

Re: Cassandra 0.8.7 Stress Tool

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
The stress tool doesn't support doing multi-CF batches out of the box.  Of
course you're free to extend it any way you like to more accurately simulate
your workload.  (That's one reason we've kept stress.py around -- it's less
code to customize, than the Java version.)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra