Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Fred Zimmerman <wf...@nimblebooks.com> on 2011/10/05 20:31:50 UTC

getting started with Solr Flare

Hi,

I followed the very simple instructions found at '

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Flare/HowTo

but run into a problem at step 4

Launch Solr:
cd <solr installation example directory>; java -Dsolr.solr.home=<point
to solr-ruby's solr home dir> -jar start.jar

where Solr complains that it can't find solrconfig.xml in either the
classpath or the solr-ruby home dir. Can anyone help me disentangle this?

FredZ

monthly updates

Re: getting started with Solr Flare

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: but run into a problem at step 4
:
: Launch Solr:
: cd <solr installation example directory>; java -Dsolr.solr.home=<point
: to solr-ruby's solr home dir> -jar start.jar
:
: where Solr complains that it can't find solrconfig.xml in either the
: classpath or the solr-ruby home dir. Can anyone help me disentangle this?

what exactly was the command line you executed? what wsa the real path?

The solrconfig.xml file shouldn't exist *in* the directory you specify
with -Dsolr.solr.home, it should be at ./conf/solrconfig.xml relative that
path (or there should be a "./solr.xml" relative that patch in a more
modern/multi-core setup)

-Hoss