Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by William Kanoff <wk...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/27 00:30:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Indexes

I have tried to access a sub-directory under the public_html (Sites)
directory only to receive the following:

[Thu Jun 26 14:49:23 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9
OpenSSL/0.9.7l DAV/2 PHP/5.2.6 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Thu Jun 26 14:49:34 2008] [error] [client 71.216.5.1] Directory
index forbidden by Options directive: /Users/*/Sites/php/

In my httpd-userdir.conf I have:

<Directory /home/*/Sites>
	AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
	Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
	<Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all
	</Limit>
	<LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
		Order deny,allow
		Deny from all
	</LimitExcept>
</Directory>

When I changed the Default Directory in httpd.conf to accept Indexes
everything worked.  Shouldn't the Indexes under options in the httpd-
user-dir.conf allow access?

The following modules are loaded:

LoadModule authn_file_module 		libexec/mod_authn_file.so
LoadModule authn_dbm_module 		libexec/mod_authn_dbm.so
LoadModule authn_anon_module 		libexec/mod_authn_anon.so
LoadModule authn_dbd_module 		libexec/mod_authn_dbd.so
LoadModule authn_default_module 	libexec/mod_authn_default.so
LoadModule authz_host_module 		libexec/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule authz_groupfile_module 	libexec/mod_authz_groupfile.so
LoadModule authz_user_module 		libexec/mod_authz_user.so
LoadModule authz_dbm_module 		libexec/mod_authz_dbm.so
LoadModule authz_owner_module 		libexec/mod_authz_owner.so
LoadModule authz_default_module 	libexec/mod_authz_default.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module 		libexec/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule auth_digest_module 		libexec/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule cache_module 			libexec/mod_cache.so
LoadModule dbd_module 				libexec/mod_dbd.so
LoadModule dumpio_module 			libexec/mod_dumpio.so
LoadModule ext_filter_module 		libexec/mod_ext_filter.so
LoadModule include_module 			libexec/mod_include.so
LoadModule filter_module 			libexec/mod_filter.so
LoadModule substitute_module 		libexec/mod_substitute.so
LoadModule deflate_module 			libexec/mod_deflate.so
LoadModule log_config_module 		libexec/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule log_forensic_module 		libexec/mod_log_forensic.so
LoadModule logio_module 			libexec/mod_logio.so
LoadModule env_module 				libexec/mod_env.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module 		libexec/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule cern_meta_module 		libexec/mod_cern_meta.so
LoadModule expires_module 			libexec/mod_expires.so
LoadModule headers_module 			libexec/mod_headers.so
LoadModule ident_module 			libexec/mod_ident.so
LoadModule usertrack_module 		libexec/mod_usertrack.so
LoadModule setenvif_module 			libexec/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule version_module 			libexec/mod_version.so
LoadModule proxy_module 			libexec/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module 	libexec/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module 		libexec/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module 		libexec/mod_proxy_http.so
LoadModule proxy_ajp_module 		libexec/mod_proxy_ajp.so
LoadModule proxy_balancer_module 	libexec/mod_proxy_balancer.so
LoadModule ssl_module 				libexec/mod_ssl.so
LoadModule mime_module 				libexec/mod_mime.so
LoadModule dav_module 				libexec/mod_dav.so
LoadModule status_module 			libexec/mod_status.so
LoadModule autoindex_module 		libexec/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule asis_module 				libexec/mod_asis.so
LoadModule info_module 				libexec/mod_info.so
LoadModule suexec_module 			libexec/mod_suexec.so
LoadModule cgi_module 				libexec/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule cgid_module 				libexec/mod_cgid.so
LoadModule dav_fs_module 			libexec/mod_dav_fs.so
LoadModule vhost_alias_module 		libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so
LoadModule negotiation_module 		libexec/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule dir_module 				libexec/mod_dir.so
LoadModule imagemap_module 			libexec/mod_imagemap.so
LoadModule actions_module 			libexec/mod_actions.so
LoadModule speling_module 			libexec/mod_speling.so
LoadModule userdir_module 			libexec/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule alias_module 			libexec/mod_alias.so
LoadModule rewrite_module 			libexec/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule php5_module        		libexec/libphp5.so

Apache 2.2.9 OS X Tiger

William Kanoff - wkanoff@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Indexes

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
To quote Joshua... "If it still didn't work, you need to check if that
config file is
actually Include'd in your configuration. (Putting in a syntax error
and then restarting apache should give you an error.) "

Re: [users@httpd] Indexes

Posted by William Kanoff <wk...@gmail.com>.
Users.

Re: [users@httpd] Indexes