Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Brian C. Huffman" <bh...@etinternational.com> on 2014/07/15 16:49:00 UTC

YARN Logs

All,

I am running a small cluster with hadoop-2.2.0 installed on an NFS
shared directory.  Since all nodes can access, I do not want to enable
log aggregation.

My understanding was that if aggregation wasn't enabled, the 'yarn logs'
command would just look in the $HADOOP_HOME/logs/userlogs dir, but that
isn't happening:
[hadoop@host1 ~]$ yarn logs -applicationId application_1405396841766_0003
14/07/15 10:35:58 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at
host1/172.17.1.1:8032
Logs not available at /tmp/logs/hadoop/logs/application_1405396841766_0003
Log aggregation has not completed or is not enabled.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: YARN Logs

Posted by "Brian C. Huffman" <bh...@etinternational.com>.
Vinod,

When you say "it's not easy, but possible", what would have to be done
to make it work?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: YARN Logs