Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Maguire, Andrew (GE Energy)" <an...@ge.com> on 2011/12/07 16:06:37 UTC

Use of ; in command line

I see this example in the documentation:
	obr javadoc /home/rickhall/tmp "Bundle Repository";1.0.0

but ; is a command separator on Unix, so the example will not execute as
described because the ; should be escaped via \;
Is there another way to specify version numbers, a colon perhaps?

Andrew

Re: Use of ; in command line

Posted by Derek Baum <de...@baums.org.uk>.
semi-colon is also a command separator in gogo.

Just quote the entire string to avoid interpretation of semi-colon and
other special characters:

obr javadoc /home/rickhall/tmp 'Bundle Repository;1.0.0'

as in bash, single quotes escape everything, where as double-quotes allows
variable expansion "${xyz}" etc.

--
Derek

Re: Use of ; in command line