Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/23 14:49:25 UTC

Web site/Wiki conversion to CMS

Hi

Jeremy and I followed up on this a bit on the infra list. Here is a
short summary of where we are now..

The justification for moving away from Confluence is linked from here:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCms2010

In our case I think that the immediate gains are:

1) Any committer being able to update the web pages without having to
have a separate ID
2) Being able to see the result immediately (no up to 4 hour wait for
publication)
3) Being able to put things like TCK results into the site rather than
hosting them from our home directories.
4) Not having to have a Confluence admin on the team (currently only I
or Guillaume can push out updates to the navigation pages).

One project has already moved away from Confluence an others are in
progress.

There is a perl script for converting cwiki format to markdown - see
here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/conversion-utilities/cwiki/README.txt

I plan to experiment with this more next week and will report back....

Zoƫ