Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Baptiste Mathus <ml...@batmat.net> on 2014/02/12 15:33:04 UTC

[Committer School] I would like to become a committer

Hi all,

Some of you already know me through MOJO and my posts here, and I would
like to try to get more involved in that Apache Maven tool I really like.

I am interested in the following areas:
enforcer, scm, release, and some others when needed...

If anyone knows any issues that I could take a look at I would be very much
appreciated.

I've recently proposed a patch for
ARCHETYPE-456<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-456>,
and currently working on SCM-741 [1] (my next goal is to see how this
improvement can also be wired into the release-plugin and
tackle MRELEASE-445 to validate the svn tagBase before starting, something
that already bit me in the past).

Thanks

[1] https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-741
               and my current github branch
https://github.com/Batmat/maven-scm/tree/SCM-741
               (already working on my machine, but missing tests because
I'm somehow unable to run the whole test suite on my machine without it
failing (even without my changes) :-/)

-- Baptiste

PS : btw, as most apache maven projects are also present on github, I
wonder if there's a preferred patch format. Is
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-m2-development.html#Creating_and_submitting_a_patchan
up-to-date reference?

Re: [Committer School] I would like to become a committer

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Woot! School roll is back up to 2!!!

Patches that apply cleanly using the backing SCM system are best... so if
the component is using GIT then patches that GIt can apply should be
recommended. If the component is using Subversion, then patches that `svn
patch` can apply are recommended (of course people using older versions of
svn that don't have the patch subcommand will have a poorer patch
application time... but perhaps they can upgrade their svn client!