Posted to user@spark.apache.org by zhen <z....@latrobe.edu.au> on 2014/06/14 03:21:48 UTC

spark master UI does not keep detailed application history

I have been trying to get detailed history of previous spark shell executions
(after exiting spark shell). In standalone mode and Spark 1.0, I think the
spark master UI is supposed to provide detailed execution statistics of all
previously run jobs. This is supposed to be viewable by clicking on the
"Spark shell" link for each job. But when I click link "Spark shell" nothing
happens. Am I missing something?

Re: spark master UI does not keep detailed application history

Posted by Andrew Or <an...@databricks.com>.
Are you referring to accessing a SparkUI for an application that has
finished? First you need to enable event logging while the application is
still running. In Spark 1.0, you set this by adding a line to
$SPARK_HOME/conf/spark-defaults.conf:

spark.eventLog.enabled true

Other than that, the content served on the master UI is largely the same as
before 1.0 is introduced.

Posted by wxhsdp <wx...@gmail.com>.
hi, zhen