Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Barry White <ba...@charter.net> on 2001/10/13 06:49:43 UTC

Tomcat 4.0 + Apache 1.3.20 config

Hello,

I am new to Tomcat and jsp and am trying to configure Tomcat to work with
Apache.
I have Tomcat 4.0 and Apache both installed and running on my Windows 2000
box.

My problem is that I am not sure how to make them work together in the
"best" way.

I know I should RTFM, and I have... and it talks about using mod_webapp.so
in my
Apache config file.  I also have seem other messages in this mailing list
about mod_webapp.dll.

Which should I use? (.so or .dll)
What are the differences / advantages / disadvanges?

Does anyone have a link to a good tutorial that discusses Apache + Tomcat
4.0?

P.S.  I don't have M$VC++ to recompile Apache.  :(

Thanks,
Barry