Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by pe...@ooom.at on 2022/02/02 12:04:51 UTC

quickstart pom.xml - update maven-war-plugin to 3.3.1

Hi,

I'v just tried the quickstart application using

mvn archetype:generate -Dfilter=org.apache.tapestry:quickstart

with java open jdk-17-0.2 and maven 3.8.4.

The build fails in the maven install phase.

The solution ist to add

<plugin>
     <version>3.3.1</version>
</plugin>

to pom.xml.

Even though  "mvn jetty:run" runs properly, it is better to produce
error free build during the first contact with tapestry.
Would you like to have look at the issue?

Thanks, Peter Skala

Re: Re: quickstart pom.xml - update maven-war-plugin to 3.3.1

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 10:09 AM <pe...@ooom.at> wrote:

> Hi Thiago,

Hello!

> I'v created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2701.

Thanks!

It's fixed on 5.8.1-SNAPSHOT.

> Thanks, Peter

Thiago

Re: quickstart pom.xml - update maven-war-plugin to 3.3.1

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Thanks for spotting that and proposing a solution!

Could you please create a Jira ticket in the Tapestry issue tracker and
post it here? I should be able to implement your solution soon.

Cheers!

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 9:05 AM <pe...@ooom.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'v just tried the quickstart application using
>
> mvn archetype:generate -Dfilter=org.apache.tapestry:quickstart
>
> with java open jdk-17-0.2 and maven 3.8.4.
>
> The build fails in the maven install phase.
>
> The solution ist to add
>
> <plugin>
>      <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>      <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>      <version>3.3.1</version>
> </plugin>
>

> to pom.xml.
>
> Even though  "mvn jetty:run" runs properly, it is better to produce
> error free build during the first contact with tapestry.
> Would you like to have look at the issue?
>
> Thanks, Peter Skala

Thiago