Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Taft, Jason" <ja...@xelus.com> on 2003/04/09 14:55:41 UTC

javax.ejb package class dependencies

Can anyone tell me how I get the j2ee.jar into my build classpath?

env CLASSPATH, remote repository, local classpath, some other env var?

thanks,
j.

Re: javax.ejb package class dependencies

Posted by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.de>.
On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 17:22, Tomasz Pik wrote:

> > IMHO this question is a candidate for the FAQ.
> > Could someone add it please (and replace j2ee.jar by X.jar)?
>
> Maybe it's a good idea to have list of well-known jars which
> cannot be stored on iblblio due to licenses?
> For library known as BlahBlah:
>    Download jar from http://blablalbla, rename to Z and put in directory
>    X into your repository.
> This should help in making projects (at least: project.xml files)
> more independent from users repositories and their ideas, how to
> name particular libraries.

Good idea Tomek!
I see a few slightly different questions to add:

a) X.jar from company Y is not in the official maven Repo, why?
A:Lic reasons

b) How do I add X.jar from company Y which I freely downloaded from Z
into my repo?
A: Check "well-known-jars-not-in-repo" list for a 'maven-name' jar.
Download from Z and continue at c).  Please use the maven-name from the
list and use the version as well.

c) How do I add a (non-open source/lic restricted/closed source etc) jar
into my repo?
A: refer to question b), then copy to dir
$MAVEN_HOME/repository/'maven-name'/jars/'maven-name'-version.jar
or configure your project to use your own local repo server AND setup
your own local repo server AND copy into REPO-SERVER/maven/...
directory.

> Maybe md5 checksum too, I don't if it won't break licenses.

Optional.  Easy task -> check the checksum script at
http://www.ibiblio.com/maven/

just my $0.02..
--
Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.
Public Key on http://www.keyserver.net, Key-ID: 3D4027B5
Fingerprint: 1970 C78D 9A1D 99FA 5CE4  5C0D 29E6 6A95 3D40 27B5

Re: javax.ejb package class dependencies

Posted by Tomasz Pik <pi...@ais.pl>.
Martin Skopp wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 15:01, dvillevalois@clever-age.com wrote:
>
>>>Can anyone tell me how I get the j2ee.jar into my build classpath?
>>
>>..
>>Here is how i do it:
>>Just add the following to your POM dependencies :
>>
>>    <dependency>
>>      <id>j2ee</id>
>>      <version>1.3.1</version>
>>      <jar>j2ee.jar</jar>
>>      <url></url>
>>    </dependency>
>>
>>Create a j2ee/jars/ directory in your maven repository and put the
>>j2ee.jar in it.
>

> IMHO this question is a candidate for the FAQ.
> Could someone add it please (and replace j2ee.jar by X.jar)?

Maybe it's a good idea to have list of well-known jars which
cannot be stored on iblblio due to licenses?
Something like:

For library known as BlahBlah:
   Download jar from http://blablalbla, rename to Z and put in directory
   X into your repository.
This should help in making projects (at least: project.xml files)
more independent from users repositories and their ideas, how to
name particular libraries.

Maybe md5 checksum too, I don't if it won't break licenses.

Regards
Tomek Pik

Re: javax.ejb package class dependencies

Posted by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.de>.

Posted by dv...@clever-age.com.
> Can anyone tell me how I get the j2ee.jar into my build classpath?
>
> env CLASSPATH, remote repository, local classpath, some other env var?
>
> thanks,
> j.

Here is how i do it:
Just add the following to your POM dependencies :

    <dependency>
      <id>j2ee</id>
      <version>1.3.1</version>
      <jar>j2ee.jar</jar>
      <url></url>
    </dependency>

Create a j2ee/jars/ directory in your maven repository and put the
j2ee.jar in it.
A+. Didier.