Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/08 09:34:14 UTC

Font error in generating PDF documentation

Hi all,
doing documentation for AlchemyAPI Annotator I found problems generating the
PDF version of the documentation since inside the uima-docbook-tool a
Windows font is referenced inside the FOP configuration file
(fop-config.xml).

embed-url="file:///c:/WINDOWS/Fonts/palai.TTF"

This doesn't work for non Windows platforms.
What do you think about it?
Do you think we should keep it anyway or change it to make it machine
independent (but I don't how at the moment) or just remove it?
Cheers.
Tommaso

P.S.:
To do AlchemyAPI Annotators documentation PDF I had to remove the above line
from the fop-config.xml inside tools/fop-versions dir of uima-docbook-tool

Re: Font error in generating PDF documentation

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

This is a known issue - see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1051

> Do you think we should keep it anyway or change it to make it machine
> independent (but I don't how at the moment) or just remove it?
> Cheers.
> Tommaso
>
> P.S.:
> To do AlchemyAPI Annotators documentation PDF I had to remove the above line
> from the fop-config.xml inside tools/fop-versions dir of uima-docbook-tool

This needs to be fixed.  The fix done by removing the line is easy, but
changes the look of the document.  I'm not sure it matters too much at
this point, but it would be nice if someone investigated how to obtain
this font on linux platforms (if it is possible) so it can be used in
running pdf builds there.

-Marshall