Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by co...@covalent.net on 2002/06/07 01:55:50 UTC

MX4J problems - important!

There is a very serious issue with MX4J1.0.b3, the method:

  javax.management.MBeanServerFactory.findMBeanServer()

has the wrong signature ( returns List instead of ArrayList ).

Remy - please, update to a more recent version ( CVS head seems to be
fine ) for the next build (and for the distribution ).

Costin

Re: MX4J problems - important!

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > There is a very serious issue with MX4J1.0.b3, the method:
> >
> >   javax.management.MBeanServerFactory.findMBeanServer()
> >
> > has the wrong signature ( returns List instead of ArrayList ).
> >
> > Remy - please, update to a more recent version ( CVS head seems to be
> > fine ) for the next build (and for the distribution ).
>
> No problem :)
> Are the JARs you committed in j-t-c/lib ok ?

No, I'll check them in ( I did a build from CVS head, and it seems
to work fine ).

I'll also check in the commons-logging.jar and the -api
This is also very important to fix - right now 4.1 will not
allow apps to use commons-logging with log4j, I sent a mail
this morning about this.

Costin

Re: MX4J problems - important!

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> There is a very serious issue with MX4J1.0.b3, the method:
>
>   javax.management.MBeanServerFactory.findMBeanServer()
>
> has the wrong signature ( returns List instead of ArrayList ).
>
> Remy - please, update to a more recent version ( CVS head seems to be
> fine ) for the next build (and for the distribution ).

No problem :)
Are the JARs you committed in j-t-c/lib ok ?

Remy