Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Steinhauer, Frank" <f....@olympus-odl.com> on 2007/05/22 14:58:37 UTC

install:install - POM isn't filtered when installed in repo

Hello,

In my POMs the version numbers are set according to local settings and
given CLI parameters. This works fine e.g. in the effective pom, but not
when installing or deploying the POM to the repository, the pom file is
just copied 1:1 to the repo, without any filtering. Why? Any
suggestions? I'm glad for any assistence, since it cost me already two
days figuring that out....

Cheers,

Frank

Example POM:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

   <groupId>aaa</groupId>
   <artifactId>bbb</artifactId>
   <version>${buildVersion}</version>	<!-- used throughout all of our
projects/modules -->
   <packaging>pom</packaging>
   <properties>
      <versionNo>1.2</versionNo>
      <buildVersion>${versionNo}${label}</buildVersion>	<!-- label is
set differently in a local build and in the CruiseControl build -->
   </properties>
   <repositories>...</repositories>
   <dependencies>...</dependencies>
   <build>...</build>