Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/27 11:42:44 UTC

how i can determine user name (if he/she is logged-in) from a portlet ?

Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
is it possible to find user name , when user is logged-in.
for example a user come and login into the portal system , now i want to
find his/her user name in my portlet . how i can do this ?
is it portal dependent or Standard ?

Thank you

Re: how i can determine user name (if he/she is logged-in) from a portlet ?

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.
Legolas Woodland <legolas.w <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
> Thank you for reading my post.
> is it possible to find user name , when user is logged-in.
> for example a user come and login into the portal system , now i want to
> find his/her user name in my portlet . how i can do this ?
> is it portal dependent or Standard ?
>
> Thank you

request.getUserPrincipal().getName()

This is in the standard portlet spec.