Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/09 00:54:24 UTC

Re: (ActiveMQ Scheduler) - Memory usage change from: 413% of available memory, to: 414% of available memory

there were a few OOM issues with message expiry and file cursor references
in 5.3.0 that were resolved in 5.3.1, check the release
notes<https://issues.apache.org/activemq/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10520&styleName=Html&version=12183>for
details. Then try 5.3.1

On 7 April 2010 23:53, moacsjr <mo...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Please Help,
> I'm using camel 1.6.2 with active mq 5.3.0.
>
> I have an application that proccess a very large amount of messages and
> after a while the application stops.
> In the log I can see many messages about memory usage increasing:
>
> (ActiveMQ Scheduler)     - Memory usage change from: 313% of available
> memory, to: 314% of available memory
> (ActiveMQ Scheduler)     - Memory usage change from: 413% of available
> memory, to: 414% of available memory
> (ActiveMQ Scheduler)     - Memory usage change from: 600% of available
> memory, to: 601% of available memory
>
> What could be the problem? Does anybody have a clue about this issue?
>
> thanks :-)

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: (ActiveMQ Scheduler) - Memory usage change from: 413% of available memory, to: 414% of available memory

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
glad that helped.

There is a policyEntry expireMessagesPeriod for a destination, it defaults
to 30000 milliseconds so you can reduce that which will ease the processing
of large queue depths or set it to 0 if you don't use a message time to
live.

On 9 April 2010 14:33, moacsjr <mo...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Thanks Gary!
>
> I have tried 5.3.1 and my application doesn't die. But the "Memory usage"
> message is still there.
> I have discovery that in production I have a lot of messages in queues that
> doesn't have any consumers. So the ActiveMQ Scheduler was working hard on
> every message on this queues at very short intervals. This was causing the
> memory usage to increase very fast. When I deleted the messages every thing
> came back to normal levels.
>
> So I'm working to migrate to 5.3.1 but until there I need to reconfigure
> ActiveMQ Scheduler to a better interval. Any clue?
>

> Gary Tully wrote:
> >
> > there were a few OOM issues with message expiry and file cursor
> references
> > in 5.3.0 that were resolved in 5.3.1, check the release
> > notes<
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10520&styleName=Html&version=12183
> >for
> > details. Then try 5.3.1

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: (ActiveMQ Scheduler) - Memory usage change from: 413% of available memory, to: 414% of available memory

Posted by moacsjr <mo...@yahoo.com.br>.
Thanks Gary!