Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by James Annesley <ja...@infoshare-is.com> on 2012/07/27 15:02:39 UTC

Bugs with [RAMPART] and [AXIS2] 1.6.2

Hi,

I upgraded to 1.6.2 today. I encountered a couple of problems. Shall I raise
a bug in Jira?

Bug:

1)      Missing dependency: I had to add serializer.jar from Xerces. This
might have something to do with my configuration.

2)      I got a policy related bug:

a.       My setup

                                                               i.
Context:
ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromURIs(null, null);

                                                             ii.
Rampart module engaged

1.       client.engageModule("rampart");

                                                            iii.
Microsoft WCF SOAP server

b.      My Solution - see [1] and [2]

                                                               i.      I
replaced the getPolicy function [1]

                                                             ii.
Performed a find replace on <sp:policy> and </sp:policy> to <wsp:policy> and
</wsp:policy> respectively [2].

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8364193/illegalargumentexception-protecti
ontoken-is-not-a-wsppolicy-element

[2] http://markmail.org/thread/6hhk72zzgtba5y3v

What are the benefits of 1.6.2 over 1.5.6 for a client?

James Annesley

Lead "User Interface" Developer

Office: +44 (0) 208 541 0111

Email:  <ma...@infoshare-is.com>
james.annesley@infoshare-is.com

information is everything

Infoshare Limited

Millennium House

21 Eden Street

Kingston upon Thames

Surrey

KT1 1BL

United Kingdom

 <http://www.infoshare-is.com/> www.infoshare-is.com/

The content of this e-mail (and any attachment to it) is confidential.
Any views or opinions do not represent the views or opinions
of Infoshare Ltd.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender
and delete it. You may not use, copy or disclose the information
in any way.

Infoshare Ltd monitors incoming and outgoing e-mails.

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print
this email?

Re: Bugs with [RAMPART] and [AXIS2] 1.6.2

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you should create a bug report for that.

Andreas

Posted by James Annesley <ja...@infoshare-is.com>.
I have reverted back to 1.5.6 because Rampart was still checking the
username and password even though I hadn't turned it on.

How do you stop this behaviour anyway? I want my username and password to
only be authenticated by a third party.

James