Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 17:07:46 UTC

[FtpServer] Project based on Apache Mina FtpServer

I came across this project which implements Apache FTPServer on top of
HDFS (hadoop distributed file system) :

https://sites.google.com/a/iponweb.net/hadoop/Home/hdfs-over-ftp

Was it known to you? I've quickly looked over it and the FileSystem
over HDFS implementation could be a nice reference for our potential
users interested in using Hadoop.

Re: [FtpServer] Project based on Apache Mina FtpServer

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andy!

Will see what all I can do.

- ashish

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: [FtpServer] Project based on Apache Mina FtpServer

Posted by Andy Thomson <a1...@gmail.com>.
Ashish,

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having an FtpServer Architecture/functional diagram will be a huge plus.
>
> Anyone interested? (Scanned paper diagram shall be fine)

A got a Visio somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

/niklas

Re: [FtpServer] Project based on Apache Mina FtpServer

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should be include this project on our related projects page?

Absolutely!

/niklas

Re: [FtpServer] Project based on Apache Mina FtpServer

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 8:37 PM, David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I came across this project which implements Apache FTPServer on top of
> HDFS (hadoop distributed file system) :
>
> https://sites.google.com/a/iponweb.net/hadoop/Home/hdfs-over-ftp
>
> Was it known to you? I've quickly looked over it and the FileSystem
> over HDFS implementation could be a nice reference for our potential
> users interested in using Hadoop.

A nice finding. It may be of interest to me. Was not aware of this.
Although we did discussed something related to this long back, which is how
I came to know about VFS bridge.