Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by chocomoojuice <gl...@hotmail.com> on 2008/05/23 16:05:26 UTC

Mixing validator fields with ognl expressions

I'm new to tapestry, so pardon my novice question....
For date fields, I'd like to use the minDate validator to check against a
date which is obtained from the user.  Currently the minimum date I'd like
to use is defined in my java file to be DOB, so what I've been attempting
is....
...... validators="validators:minDate=DOB"/>
However, this results in an exception, who's first line of the stack trace
is as follows:
org.apache.hivemind.util.PropertyAdaptor.convertValueForAssignment(PropertyAdaptor.java:127)
I'm guessing that tapestry isn't interpreting DOB to be an ognl expression,
does anyone know of a simple way to correct that if this is in fact the
case?

- James