Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by yilmaz <yi...@hwajet.com.tw> on 2001/11/09 09:49:20 UTC

can't add a second security constraint to my web applications

hi all,
i have a problem with JDBCRealm Configuration
i already configured my tomcat4 servlet container to work with a JDBC realm.
in my <tomcat-home>/conf/web.wml file i defined a security constraint for a jsp page.
but i need more than one Jsp pages to be controlled by tomcat security manager and with different roles
such as manager, member,user, etc. It works fine with one security constraint , when i add a second one
and restart tomcat, it throws a pile of exceptions as below:

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b7
PARSE error at line 689 column -1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: org.apache.crimson.parser/V-036 security-constrai
nt web-resource-collection
PARSE error at line 689 column -1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: org.apache.crimson.parser/V-036 security-constrai
nt web-resource-collection
PARSE error at line 689 column -1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: org.apache.crimson.parser/V-036 security-constrai
nt web-resource-collection
PARSE error at line 689 column -1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: org.apache.crimson.parser/V-036 security-constrai
nt web-resource-collection
PARSE error at line 689 column -1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: org.apache.crimson.parser/V-036 security-constrai
nt web-resource-collection
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b7

i also tried adding a second security constraint into webapps/root/web-inf/web.xml file,
this time tomcat started but the root webapp can't be started , i guess because of hte same reason.
is there such a limitation that "more than one application can't be controlled",
or am i making a mistake? if i am mistaken, then how should i configure my tomcat to avoid those
exceptions.
hoping to find a satisfactory answer from  tomcat Guru's.
thanks in advance
cheers:)

Re: can't add a second security constraint to my web applications

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
The error message means your web.xml file violates the requirements of the
DTD, starting somewhere around line 689.  The most important rule to
remember is that your web.xml elements *must* be in the order specified by
the DTD.

Craig