Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Encho Mishinev <en...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/30 07:04:22 UTC

History Server in Kubernetes

Hello,

I am struggling to find how to run a history server in Kubernetes. The
docker image takes an argument that starts a jobmanager or a taskmanager,
but no history server. What's the best way to set up one in K8S?

Thanks,
Encho

Re: History Server in Kubernetes

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Encho,

currently, the existing image does not support to start a HistoryServer.
The reason is simply that it has not been exposed because the image
contains everything needed. In order to do this, you would need to extend
the docker-entrypoint.sh script with an additional history-server option.
It could look the following:

```
if [ "${CMD}" == "${TASK_MANAGER}" ]; then
    exec $FLINK_HOME/bin/taskmanager.sh start-foreground "$@"
elif [ "${CMD}" == "history-server" ]; then
    exec $FLINK_HOME/bin/historyserver.sh start-foreground "$@"
else
    exec $FLINK_HOME/bin/standalone-job.sh start-foreground "$@"
fi
```

Do you want to create an JIRA issue for that and contribute it?

Cheers,
Till