Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> on 2005/04/16 16:07:01 UTC

Descriptive text in gump.xml

Hi,

Just popping by with a simple question about gump.xml.

As you undoubtably know, Cocoon defines its 'blocks' in the gump.xml file.

I'd like to use this file as the source for a GUI installer for Cocoon,
allowing the user to choose the blocks they want by point and click.

I'd also like to be able to tell them a bit about what a block does (e.g
FOP: allows the creation of Acrobat PDF files on the fly). The best
place for this info is in the gump.xml file.

Is there a best way to add a description to a gump <project> node?

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Descriptive text in gump.xml

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> wrote:
>

>>At the moment, I don't think so. I hope that you can just add one
>>and gump won't fall over, just ignoring it instead, but I can't
>>really promise that.
>

> The shell script/XSLT based "old" Gump would get into trouble with any
> attribute named href.  It would try to replace the element that has
> the attribute withthe root element of a document loaded from that
> href.
>
> I don't think this is still true in current Gump, but may be something
> to watch out for.

Thanks both of you. I'll add something and see whether it has any effect
upon Gump.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> wrote:

> At the moment, I don't think so. I hope that you can just add one
> and gump won't fall over, just ignoring it instead, but I can't
> really promise that.

The shell script/XSLT based "old" Gump would get into trouble with any
attribute named href.  It would try to replace the element that has
the attribute withthe root element of a document loaded from that
href.

I don't think this is still true in current Gump, but may be something
to watch out for.

Stefan

Re: Descriptive text in gump.xml

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On 16-04-2005 16:07, "Upayavira" <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> Is there a best way to add a description to a gump <project> node?

At the moment, I don't think so. I hope that you can just add one and gump
won't fall over, just ignoring it instead, but I can't really promise that.
I suggest to just try it :-D.

As for how it should be, I would say that we'd probably want something like

  <project>
    <longDescription [type="text/html"]><![CDATA
<<your stuff here>>
]>
    </longDescription>
  </project>