Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2014/06/09 10:52:00 UTC

Fwd: ApacheCon EU call for papers

All,

Please see the message below regarding the ApacheCon EU call for papers.

I haven't submitted anything (yet). Before I do, I'd really like to know
what it is that you - the users of Tomcat - would like to hear about at
this conference. To put it another way, if your line manager (or whoever
would have to sign off on you attending the conference) was going to say
"If there are going to be presentations about Tomcat and XXX then you
definitely should go" what is the value of XXX?

Cheers,

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 09/06/2014 09:57, Petar Tahchiev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd be really interested to hear if there are any plans to implement SPDY.
> I managed to make it work with Jetty, but as far as I know it is still
> planned for tomcat. If the implementation can be done until October maybe
> you can prepare a small demo?

Thanks for the suggestion.

It looks like SPDY is going to be required for Servlet 3.2 (Tomcat 9).
Tomcat 8 already has an initial implementation but there are quite a few
TODOs left in the code.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/coyote/spdy/

I'm a little wary of committing to a presentation now on a feature that
hasn't been implemented yet. There is plenty of time though...

Mark

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'd be really interested to hear if there are any plans to implement SPDY.
I managed to make it work with Jetty, but as far as I know it is still
planned for tomcat. If the implementation can be done until October maybe
you can prepare a small demo?

> All,
>
> Please see the message below regarding the ApacheCon EU call for papers.
>
> I haven't submitted anything (yet). Before I do, I'd really like to know
> what it is that you - the users of Tomcat - would like to hear about at
> this conference. To put it another way, if your line manager (or whoever
> would have to sign off on you attending the conference) was going to say
> "If there are going to be presentations about Tomcat and XXX then you
> definitely should go" what is the value of XXX?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.
---
Public PGP Key at:
https://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x19658550C3110611
Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611