Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Crompton, SY (Shirley)" <s....@dl.ac.uk> on 2006/02/23 17:59:12 UTC

Re: How to configure a separate security realm for an web application (Tomcat 5.5)

Hi

I want to use JNDIRealm to authentice users for one of my JSP application.  When the Realm was defined in the server.xml, it works for all applications.  When I moved the Realm configuration to the myweb/WEB-INF/context.xml, and restarted the application.  I also reloaded the application using Tomcat Manager.  But I when I tried logging on to the application, it won't work.  I have looked at the doc but find it a bit confusing.  May I just clarify if this arrangement only work for deployment with a war file?  Are there any step-to-step guide available on how to achieve this?  I have done a google but came up with very little useful example.

Many thanks in advance,

Shirley